Most of our holiday homes are located in Egmond or its surroundings. Did you know that Egmond is also a very nice area to do things? Not only nature is a great base for many activities, it offers more. We have made a list for 12 great ideas to do in Egmond and its surroundings!
1. Animal fan? Then you can plan a special activity such as.. horseback riding along the beach. Manege de Hoef in Egmond aan den Hoef, for example, offers options for both dune and beach rides!
2. Maybe a little too exciting for you? Then visit the Alpaca Eco Farm in Egmond aan den Hoef for a high tea, feed & greet or walk with the most adorable alpacas!
3. Visit the Lighthouse J.C.J. Van Speijk, you can't miss this one when you come to Egmond. The lighthouse J.C.J. van Speijk is a lighthouse on the North Sea coast near Egmond aan Zee. The J.C.J. van Speijktoren is one of the oldest still active lighthouses in the Netherlands. The foot of the lighthouse forms a tomb, reminiscent of lieutenant Jan van Speijk.
4. Spend a day at Zenmoodz, the wellness center of Hotel Zuiderduin in Egmond aan Zee. You can relax here and come back to yourself. Therefore, visit the various saunas, plunge pools, relaxation areas or book a wonderful package.
5. Visit markets and go second-hand shopping, check our blog for the nicest markets and second-hand shops in the area!
6. The art village of Bergen is less than 10 kilometers from Egmond and is therefore definitely worth a visit.
7. We are fans of the Museum Kranenburgh in Bergen. Here you can be inspired by art. Kranenburgh changes regularly with a range of different exhibitions and exhibitions. For young and old.
8. The Alkmaar cheese market is well known. The tradition has been maintained since 1593, with the start of the cheese carrier guild. Every Friday at 10 a.m., the market on Waagplein opens with the ringing of the bell. During the summer holidays there is also a children's cheese market, a special tour for children aged 6 to 12 years. In the immediate vicinity of the cheese market you will find various other stalls with traditional pastries, art, of course cheese and everything. The colorful cheese market is free, freely accessible to all age groups and to people with disabilities.
9. The Bunkermuseum Jansje Schong is an interesting visit in Egmond aan Zee if you like history. It is a small museum about the 1940s and 1945s in Egmond and the surrounding area. Guides are available on opening days to share this story with you. We think it's definitely worth it!
10. Ever heard of an E-chopper? You can find these at Coast Cruisers! The place in Egmond aan Zee for E-chopper rental and sales. Coast Cruisers undoubtedly offers the best outing in Egmond aan Zee. Get on one of our E-choppers and discover the surroundings of our village. With an E-chopper you drive silently and environmentally friendly to any nearby attractions. You never have wind against you, just the wind through your hair.
11. Rent a boat in Alkmaar, for example, bring your own snacks and drinks and enjoy the open air. You can sail from the Alkmaar Boat Rentals to Bergen, Langedijk, De Rijp and even Akersloot!
12. Plan a day at Batavier with the kids, of course you can also do it with adults! You can go pedal boating & boating, tear in minicars, play miniature golf or throw a party here.
So those were our 12 fun ideas to do in Egmond and the surrounding area for now! Do you already have an idea which of the 12 is your favourite?